As a result, the members purchased the land where the clubhouse is now located. But, our building was not erected yet. Meetings and social gatherings were held in a house that stood in the front yard of our current property. However, soon thereafter, the members took an historical step forward - the raising of money for the building we now have. The members rolled up their sleeves, not in just raising money, but to help in the actual construction of the building.

But, before the building was completed, the money ran out. Once more, members loaned money and, under the direction on a finance committee, the last of the loan notes were paid. At last, all club mortgages were burned.

In 1959, a land committee was formed, which led to the purchase of our Club Farm property located, on Elizabeth-Bethel Rd. in Miami County. This financial obligation was partially paid for when the club sold land that was located behind the Valley Street clubhouse, to the state of Ohio for the new freeway. Additional money was borrowed and, in 1962, the Farm mortgage was burned.

Many hours of volunteer work have gone into our prized conservation work.

The club is governed by four officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer who are elected for a one-year term; and eight trustees, elected for a three-year term.

According to our Club Constitution, our rules of operation may be modified in two ways.

The first is by a general procedure from our Constitution and By-Laws. These rules are very permanent, as any amendment must be read and approved at three consecutive membership meetings, before they become a part of our Constitution and By-Laws.

The second type of rule change can occur as an ‘executive ruling,’ which becomes official after one reading and approval at a membership meeting. Executive rulings may be amended and/or removed, after one reading and approval at a membership meeting.

House rules are posted on a bulletin board that is provided in the Valley Street clubhouse.

Any person wishing to submit an application for club membership must complete a membership card and have it signed by two members (one of whom must be a Board Member) along with the proper amount of monies. This application is subject to the approval of the Executive Committee.

Membership is limited to 500 members.

Our Purpose

The purpose of North Dayton Anglers shall be to encourage sportsmanship and teach techniques in angling and hunting; to conserve and restore wildlife; to promote and protect the interest of sportsman and to give aid in the matter of legislation and enforcement and assist in restoration and conservation affairs.

Our History

Michael A. Marks, a resident of the north Dayton area founded the club in 1936.

The first meeting was held in Mike's home, but as membership increased, other locations were used for meeting places. In later years, while at one of these locations, the members were once again told that they would have to move.

The membership decided then that a club such as ours should have its own home. The money was borrowed from members.